In this post, we are going to change System Font of Android phone or tablet device. Changing font of a android device is not actually that hard. We will use a application named Font Changer. Font Changer supports .ttf fonts.
Requirements for Android Font Changer
- Your device must be rooted. To root your android phone or tablet, please view this tutorial – How to Root Android Phone / Tablet Device Tutorial
- Your device should have BusyBox installed. If you don’t have it, You can install BusyBox from google play store
- System write access (aka NAND unlock or S-OFF)
- Custom recovery (not a requirement per-se, but highly recommended in case something goes wrong)
Download Android Font Changer
Precautions while Change Font
Warning: Neither me nor developer(s) of Font Changer will be responsible for any kind of damage to your Android device by following these instructions here. Do it at your own risk.
Font changer modifies the system partition by copying over user-specifiable fonts, an it is therefor important that you read the following information carefully. As each Android device has a different implementation of the Android operating system it is possible that not all devices will respond to a font change in the same way. If for whatever reason your device will fail to boot, try to remove the battery first and try turning on your phone again. If that fails you can check out the FAQ on the Font Changer’s website for more specific fixes. If you however want an easy fix just boot into your device’s recovery (each device has its own specific key combination for booting into recovery mode) and flash your ROM/firmware again. Since you are not wiping data/restoring defaults you will not lose any of your stuff. Please note that these cases are rare and I am just making you aware of possible complications rather than keeping you in the dark.
- Download and Install Font Changer application
- Open Font Changer and you can select font from Basic or Advance tab
- If want to use your own font, place the .ttf font at “/sdcard/.fontchanger” directory
- You can preview a font before apply by tapping preview buttton, then apply
Screenshots of Font Changer
Having problem to change font of your android device? Leave a comment, I’ll be back to you.